Thursday 9 October 2014

Outdoor living

Outdoor living is a series on the blog that contains stylish outdoor living areas and sometimes al fresco table settings. It's about celebrating being outdoors all year round!


These images do not exactly scream summer but I wanted to continue with my yogic mood this week and feature an outdoor living area that felt calming for the mind. This zen style farmhouse in southern Sweden couldn't have fit the profile more perfectly. The owner gave Scandinavian architects Gert and Karin Wingårdh a free hand to create "an uncomplicated space, using natural materials, that would bring the outdoors in" and I think we can all agree on that they did exactly that. The arches to the right in the above photo and to the left in the one below are woven with willow branches. I recommend that you view the slideshow on the website of Elle Decor to see the simple interior.


photo credit:
James Silverman for Elle Decor

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I think this space is just perfect for this time of year, it suits my mood and the weather.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.