Wednesday 20 August 2014

Summer living | Vive l'été



Almost every day when I'm out on my bicycle I see quite many gardens in our town that are filled with hydrangeas in various shades. This summer I'm drawn to the pink ones but these days, when I stop to admire them, I'm reminded that we are heading for autumn. Before we know it summer will be over. Today I feel the need to hold on to summer with various shades of pink flowers. How gorgeous are the 'Café au Lait' dahlias in the top photo? Or the foxgloves below? And just look at that dark pink shade of the carnations in the third! Then there is the vibrant pink colour of the valerian in the fourth that contrasts all the pink hydrangeas in the last photo. Do you have a favourite?


photo credit:
1: Floret Flowers | 2: stylist Amy Merrick via Floret Flowers | 3: Ngoc Minh Ngo, from the book Bringing Nature Home, published by Rizzoli via Sparks | 4: Philippa Stanton of 5ftinf | 5: Magical® Four Seasons on Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. The dahlias are gorgeous! My late aunt used to grow dahlias (they were among her favourite flowers - she loved flowers) and I always left with a lovely bunch when I visited her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.