Thursday 3 July 2014

Outdoor living

Outdoor living is a temporary series on the blog that contains stylish outdoor living areas and sometimes al fresco table settings. It's about celebrating the season of summer!


It was a sheer coincidence that I stumbled upon a page on the website of AD Russia and found a house tour on the island of Capri. I have always wanted to visit this island in the Tyrrhenian Sea (it's in the Province of Naples), which was, for example, a favourite destination of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. It is very likely that you have already seen photos of her strolling on the island in sandals, with a headscarf and big sunglasses. There was even a book published called Un mito nel mito. Jacqueline a Capri by photographer Settimio Garritano. (Designer and blogger Mark D. Sikes wrote a post last summer called Jacqueline Chic in Capri if you want to see photos from it.)

This outdoor living area has several storeys. It is a Jean Louis Deniot design and it should be no surprise that the use of earthy materials and furniture appeals to me very much. The bamboo-shaded seating area above is beautifully styled with neutral colours and wooden blocks replace a coffee table.


The terrace has stone tiles, the stairs are decorated with terracotta pots, and the dining area, like the seating area, is shaded with bamboo. I don't know about you, but right now I'm craving watermelons.


photo credit:
AD Russia

4 comments:

  1. If I had a house with a terrace I would definitely use some wooden blocks instead of a coffee table. What a lovely place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you're killing me with all that Franco Albini furniture! They're perpetually on my ebay wishlist. I love that kind of patio decor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an outdoor space!! This has holidays written all over it!! I want to be there now!!! Happy weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.