Friday 11 July 2014

new books + summer blog break

Today is my birthday and in the last days the postman has been ringing the bell to bring me new books. I got some good ones. Yesterday I started reading American Modern by interior and home furnishings designer Thomas O'Brien and couldn't put it down. It's a beautiful book, a personal one, and with every home feature O'Brien shares his design process. I'm particularly fond of all the styling details and seeing more angles of his 57th Street NY home, which is featured in the book.

Believe it or not but today I'm not baking anything, just wasn't in the mood for a cake. All I wanted was Green & Black's organic ice cream and I'm about to eat a lot of it. A lot!

It is time to make the most of summer. I will be on a blog break for the next two weeks. I'm hoping to explore our new surroundings a little better and go to the seaside. See you later!

photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt

12 comments:

  1. Oooo happy birthday, Lisa!! I just became a follower! I love your blog. If you like, please, you're welcome in mine. http://theplanbi.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bruna, for visiting and the birthday greetings ;-)

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday once again, Lisa! As I've already told you, that is such a great bunch of books! I hope you enjoy every single one of them! Green & Black's organic ice cream is just perfect I would say. Can I join you? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ada. I overdosed on the ice cream!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday!! Enjoy those wonderful books and the days ahead!

    Hugs,
    LisaE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping you are still enjoying the birthday weekend Lisa! Your books sounds wonderful, there's nothing like new books arriving at the door :) And enjoy the ice cream. Here it's Talenti caramel with sea salt and Talenti mint choc chip...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Jo ;-) Your Talenti ice cream sounds delicious...

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday Lisa; enjoy your birthday and your blogging break - best time for it, with a little sun in the sky! Ooooh, Ice Cream... mmm summer/winter... it doesn't matter - In fact it will go well with my homemade apple pie I made over the weekend! See you when you return:)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helen ;-) Now you are making me crave an apple pie … I may have to do something about that during the break!

      Delete
  6. Here too (though a bit belated): Happy birthday my friend! Have a fantastic summer & enjoy every moment with your family! Looking forward to new updates after your break!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.