Thursday 15 August 2013

Space: a striped rug in Van Duysen's Antwerp home



Today I'm kind of continuing with my striped rug post from Tuesday - I seem to be all about stripes this week. This stylish rug was on Vincent Van Duysen's living room floor when photographer Martyn Thompson visited the Belgian architect to feature his beautiful home in his book Interiors. Van Duysen's home in Antwerp (my old city) is an interior feast for the eyes; think clean lines meeting rustic style, plenty of natural light, and black window frames in the kitchen. The high ceiling appeals to me and I like the look of this 'nook' in the living room. The cobalt blue chair goes well with the brown tones of the rug and I'm of course drawn to the book and magazine stacks.

Thompson's book is still on my wish list so I don't know if this particular photo is a scan from the book itself or from some magazine introducing the book. As you can read in the caption there is a mention of a sculpture and a painting in the living room. I have pinned another angle of it where they are visible (it's from an old Vogue Living feature) and I have also pinned the kitchen and bedroom. If you are interested you will find more images of Van Duysen's home on my interior design 01 and architecture + landscaping boards.

photo credit:
Martyn Thompson for his book Interiors published by Hardie Grant Books | via Wit & Delight

3 comments:

  1. The colour palette works so well and all the elements here are so well chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you can go wrong with stripes especially for rugs and I love the rich colour and fabric of the chair.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that stripey rug - and the chair is just fab. Happy Thursday <3

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.