Wednesday 9 January 2013

interior design: french home & studio


It was my intention to share that top-left photo in my charming spaces post next Friday but it doesn't happen often that I come across house tours in interior magazines where almost all the photos appeal to me. A woman called Claire Peretti is the owner of this house, where she also keeps her studio. Its location is a small town south-east of Paris called Saint-Maur-des-Fossés. It was featured in the November/December 2012 issue of Maison Magazine.

As I said, first it was that top-left photo that lured me in. The white space looks somehow clean and pure with all that wood and the pink peonies. I also found it interesting that she had turned an old roof window into a mirror. By the way, the carved chest and other carved furniture in the home office were imported from Morocco.

When I was viewing the rest of the photos I was drawn to the wood throughout the house and I simply found this house so welcoming and charming. Let me add that I couldn't get enough of the grey colour of the sofa.


photo credit:
Pierre-Jean Verger for Maison Magazine

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I would have seen that top left photo in one of your charming spaces posts. It's my favourite one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that photo with a window that looks like a mirror is just beautiful... I kept looking at it thinking about beautiful reflection and how it looks like a painting... And then read that it was a window. Absolutely fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring home! I love the vintage elements and tactile surfaces. It definitely has a French vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to have an interior window, just like the one above, in my home one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally charming. I love how the space is so clean and cozy at the same time.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautifully charming home, I love the industrial decor and quirky pieces, the studio is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.