Friday 21 September 2012

charming spaces: nook in paris


This nook, with its velvet-upholstered seating, is in the dining room of this luxurious flat on the Left Bank
in Paris, designed by Jean-Louis Denoit. I don't know about you but first I just want to get to know the
owners, then grab a few of my books and a cup of tea and crawl into that nook and stay there ...
indefinitely. They wouldn't even know I was there.

On Tuesday I told you that you would see more Paris related on the blog this week and maybe, just
maybe, there will be something Paris related tomorrow as well.

Have you been enjoying a good week? I admit that I have been rather busy and I'm looking forward to
the weekend. Yesterday we had friends over for dinner and enjoyed delicious Indian food. A made the
dish and I made chapati. There is plenty left so lunch is decided.

Enjoy your day!

photo credit:
Miguel Flores-Vianna for Elle Decor, May 2011

10 comments:

  1. Love that pic, looks so cozy! :-) I´m looking forward to the weekend too, feeling slightly under the weather. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks great. the colours make it look very expensive, too. I like it.

    this week was ok. nothing to write (home) about, tho...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you will share the receipe with us, Lisa! I am "enchante" every time I see a nook and I am sure that when I'll be living in a bigger house, I will order a nook :)))) Have a lovely weekend:*

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mustard walls and velvety fabrics make it look so cosy and inviting, just perfect on a rainy day like today. Again you're teasing me with that dish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cosy!!! It makes a perfect little hideaway in autumn and winter month - just like you said, with a cup of coffee or tea and a good book... Lots of cushions, blankets and doggy for a company (I know mine would just have to join me :) )
    Enjoy your day and have a great weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have that cozy space in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely! It really looks like one could sink back into those velvety cushions & read a book. I'm enjoying all of your Paris posts :) I hope you have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello lovely Lisa! Just quickly checking in during all the London Design Festival madness! Lots more events to come this weekend, which is exciting. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cosy nook, a lovely place to read a book.
    Enjoy your weekend Lisa:)
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cozy indeed! Nothing is more luxurious that velvet and those colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.