Wednesday 5 October 2011

nantucket retreat


No words are really needed for this beautiful Nantucket retreat designed by Rebecca Ascher with Joshua Davis of Ascher Davis Architects. I really like that sectional in the second photo from Scandinavian Design, and the mixture of the Knoll chairs and banquette in the breakfast area. In an interview with Elle Decor, July/August 2011 issue, Mrs. Ascher says the style is “Nantucket meets Miami” and adds: “It has a relaxed elegance to it. You can come off the beach and sit down and not worry about the sand on your feet. The floor has a slightly beaten look, to go with the sand-duney nature of the site.” Definitely relaxed elegance!


photo credit:
Roger Davies for Elle Decor

13 comments:

  1. The first room is mine!!!

    Love to sit in this chair with all the books around and looking at the fireplace ...


    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, so super nice. Sigh. I really want a house!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. house of my dreams, white and lots of natural lighting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well designed. much too angular for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tub is pretty amazing. And the rest of the house isn't that bad either... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. No words. Just sighs. Love to have bookshelves full of books in a room. I love this place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lisa! This is gorgeous. And the orange details makes it look so sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful, Lisa! The white built-in shelves and the work space in the living room, the orange and striped details and the bathroom, such a lovely home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep very nice! When i think about having a beach house i visualise something like this. LOve the breakfast area with the banquette seating... I promise to share!
    Helen :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I would like to soak in that tub right now. I've been up on my feet all day arranging furniture, unpacking boxes, etc. etc. And now there's an excel spreadsheet of lovely research calling my name (but also a lemon pie backing in the oven....and yes, it is 11 PM here...).

    What was I saying? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bathroom is incredible! Such a perfect escape for a holiday - I'm dreaming!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this and love it even more because it's located on my favorite island!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.