Thursday 22 September 2011

oscar de la renta spring/summer 2012


I don't want to drown you with runway photos but I need to post some of the NYFW gorgeousness. One of my all time favourites this year was Oscar de la Renta; he had me at that first marigold silk taffeta gown. Look at the details of the black tulle floral embroidered caraco – this is art! (You can view his taffeta gowns in emerald and tomato if you click the Vogue US link below). Words aren't really needed here, I find his entire spring/summer 2012 collection incredibly beautiful and the above photos are just a small part of the beauty.

The name of Oscar de la Renta always reminds me of the SATC scene where Carrie and Aleksandr Petrovsky are talking on the sofa, she reading 'her Oscar de la Renta dress poetry' from Vogue. Then he says: "Oscar is a good friend of mine, I'll tell him you like the dress." She goes: "Oscar? You call him Oscar?" And Petrovsky answers: "That's his name, isn't it?" Priceless.

I'm off to meet my girls. We got a lunch date at a café called De Cafetaria, which I've never tried before. Have a wonderful day everyone!

photo credit:
Marcio Madiera for Vogue US

9 comments:

  1. That lacework is so amazing, isn't it!

    x E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. The cafetaria is nice. It is located in one of my favourite areas in Antwerp, in the street I used to live in. The same owner has a really lovely restaurant (nothing really fancy, but cosy) nearby (jan van beerstraat). It is called De Walrus and we often take friends there, especially those who have children. In the Brederodestraat is the Oxfam Vintage boutique where I volunteer.

    x E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @E: It was a really lovely café, definitely a place I see myself going to again. And thanks for the De Walrus tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing dresses. I wish I had a reason or opportunity to wear any of them (and the means to buy them, of course, lol...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful collection!

    www.noaslibellule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first dress is stunning. I loved the collection. The black and white dress and those pastel ostrich feather ones are among my favourites too. Hope you have a great time with the girls! SATC! I forgot about the collection I still don't have. Soon...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fell for this collection at first sight as well, Lisa! It's so so gorgeous. The colors, the details...absolute perfection.

    And yes I so remember that SATC! I love it, they've been playing reruns here every night so I'm getting my daily fix :)

    Hope you have fun with the girls! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart stopped when I saw the golden skirt... heavenly and so enchanting! I smiled when I read about SATC because I have been watching season 06 and am almost at that episode—I cannot wait...

    Hope you are having a wonderful week so far, Lisa. Thank you for the kind comments, always.

    xx, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, the collection is utterly divine..I'm with Petra, if only I had the means or the occasion to where them. Sigh!!

    Wishing you and your family a fab weekend.

    RX

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.