Thursday 1 September 2011

hagan's hamptons weekend home


As promised, today I'm showing you images of the Hamptons weekend home of designer Victoria Hagan, whom I talked about yesterday. I love the simplicity of it; the natural colours and large seagrass rugs give it a homey and serene look. I like that they use candlelight to lit the dining room and I also like all those tables – perfect if you need to lay down the book you're reading or the cup you're drinking from. And don't get me started on the beautiful unadorned windows! I'm a big fan of not using curtains where they aren't needed.

It must be wonderfully relaxing and rejuvenating spending the weekends in a place like that. Imagine just having a weekend home! I mean, this is no small summerhouse; this is a real home. Sigh!

May you enjoy a wonderful Thursday and don't forget, today is the last day to enter my Chanel giveaway. Tomorrow I'll draw the name of the winner from my hat blue glass bowl.

photo credit:
Don Freeman for Country Living


9 comments:

  1. beautiful place. perfect for relaxing away from the city.
    i love the dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm it gives that feel, you just want to get in!
    I love it!

    thank you for your support, it is in very much need right now!

    Have a lovely day, Eliana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could definately spend some time there! :-)

    Haha, maybe not the most logical pic to my post - but the element of surprise is always good..! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I think most of all I like the unadorned windows. My thoughts exactly regarding curtains on a window. And of course this would make for a wonderful home, not just a summerhouse. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, everything is perfect, even the floor. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! It's so fresh and bright and how fabulous would it be to live in privacy where you don't even need curtains! The exterior is my favourite! It looks like a postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that white table is just beautiful. and the lonely chair there... wow

    ReplyDelete
  8. can this be my weekend home too? <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it. So light and airy. x Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.