Wednesday 27 July 2011

the things I got & saw

I'm sitting in the dining room with latte and organic chocolate, listening to my YouTube favourites. Right now U2 and Bruce Springsteen are singing I still haven't found what I'm looking for. Well, I have found what I'm looking for but I can always find some more!

So, let's talk about the things I found yesterday, shall we. Actually, I'm not a big shopper, I think I'm fairly innocent in that field. We started with the craft supplies and by visiting two shops the kids got everything they needed: oil paint, paper, glue, stickers and all kinds of things. The bags were so heavy but luckily the rain treated us kindly and we enjoyed a lovely moment in a café. In the magazine shop I was uninspired and bought nothing because I had already seen most of the editorials online. By the way, when our son saw the cover of Vogue Paris he exclaimed: "That woman is ugly!" Lara Stone, please excuse my son!

I went to a bookshop instead and found a beautiful book, INSPIRATION Dior by Florence Muller. I didn't buy it, mainly because it was so heavy, but it was cheaper than on Amazon so maybe I'll have to go back one day and get it. It would look seriously good on my coffee table. After one hour or so in the bookshop (luckily for me, the kids love bookshops) we headed over to Habitat and I bought the two cushions in the photo below. The turquoise one is called Armure and they have those in a few colours. The other one was on sale and it's intended for outdoors, but it looked so cute and summery so I decided to give it a new home.

We were close to Groenplaats square carrying all those bags when I was thinking where to go next. Then our 9 year-old said: "Mom, you've bought enough, now we'll go home!" Then I said: "But I haven't bought the flowers yet!" and was about to head over to the florists. Then she said loud and clear: "No, mom, you have enough flowers, now we'll go home!" That kid is horribly strict, don't you think?!! You can never have enough flowers. Well, I simply bought them today and decided to take a photo for you of that part of my dining room window.

I hope you're enjoying a wonderful Wednesday.

PS. I must be the ultimate guest post rookie because again I forgot to tell you about a post I wrote for Christel at Captivated by image on Monday. And let me add, thank you for all the birthday wishes for my son.

photo credit: Lisa Hjalt

15 comments:

  1. I love flowers at home two! Nice to read all you did with your kids and i like the cushions!! Happy wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I love this sneak peak into your home. :) Lovely window corner and cushions. When you find a book cheaper than on Amazon you HAVE TO buy it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see some creations by your monkeys with all their new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely comment from your nine-year old - I can imagine how you did look around you to see if anyone did hear her strictness ;o)
    Lovely flowers ;o) I also love flowers and now my garden is full of nice ones - and today it was sunshine ;o))) so I could enjoy the flowers outside ;o)
    I desperately hope the sun will show up from saturday and 2 weeks - because we are on holiday and it is in Denmark - so please show up dear sun ;o))
    Hope you are enjoying - it looks like it ;o) we have just been to Sweden ;o) you can read more on the blog.
    Nice evening to you and your family ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hihi, Lara Stone ugly!
    And some lovely finds there, those pillows are welcome to camp at my couch any day ;)

    Hugs,
    Signe

    ReplyDelete
  6. so adore flowers at home...and so loved this post of yours Lisa! Go back and get that book girl!!
    By the way,your pictures are sooooo gorgeous!
    Nikon?
    hugs
    Lila

    ReplyDelete
  7. So funny what your son said about Vogue Paris! And I love those pillows! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very beautiful flower arrangement :)
    I agree, lara stone is ugly for me too :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a perfect day! Kids are so funny... the things they come out with! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a flower pot! If I find a fitting flower to put in it I promise to give it its well deserved spot in the limelight and snap a few pictures of it ;)

    Hugs,
    Signe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so sorry I didn't wish your boy happy birthday! I hope he had a great one.
    Really enjoyed your shopping story. I need to look for that Dior book, too. By the way, Diane von Furstenberg book is definitely an amazon purchase. Not sure if the shops would still have it as it was published a while ago.
    Oh and I've got to say that those vases on the top photo are absolutely gorgeous!
    Have a great day, darling!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha, lisa, thanks for sharing your wednesday with us. I love little daily moments. That flower moment with your kids was fantastic. They always are honest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The flowers are beautiful and pillows look so cool. i love make little changes at home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your son is soooo funny! Adorable! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.